Welcome to the BELIV Workshop 2022
We invite contributions to BELIV 2022, the international forum to broadly discuss research methods in visualization. Our discussions span from novel and not-yet fully established design and evaluation methods for visualization tools and techniques, to methods that more generally establish the validity and scope of acquired visualization knowledge. BELIV supports contributions and discussions from the rich spectrum of visualization researchers, embracing the varied ways that researchers self-identify with respect to the main conference areas at VIS.
Complementary to the broad scope of BELIV and its general commitment to research methods, BELIV 2022 will include a timely focus topic:
Designing and Evaluating Visualizations for an Ethical, Inclusive, and Responsible Future.
BELIV 2022 will be a hybrid event due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and in alignment with the decision that VIS 2022 will be hybrid. The hybrid format means that there will be both in-person and remote (virtual) participation options. More details to be provided closer to the conference date.
BELIV 2022 Announced
The BELIV workshop series is a biennial event focusing on research methods in visualization. BELIV 2022 will be the 9th of the BELIV workshop series, and well be held in conjunction with the IEEE VIS 2022 Conference. All registered attendees of VIS will be able to access the workshop.
- BELIV 2006: https://doi.org/10.1145/1168149
- BELIV 2008: https://doi.org/10.1145/1377966
- BELIV 2010: https://doi.org/10.1145/2110192
- BELIV 2012: https://doi.org/10.1145/2442576
- BELIV 2014: https://doi.org/10.1145/2669557
- BELIV 2016: https://doi.org/10.1145/2993901
- BELIV 2018: https://doi.org/10.1109/BELIV.2018.8634166
- BELIV 2020: https://doi.org/10.1109/BELIV51497.2020